Monday, August 17, 2009

What We Must Do

AKM at The Mudflats has a great post "What We Must Do" to insert ourselves proactively into the healthcare debate.

Email, call, write and visit your Representatives and Senators and let them know that the people shouting down discussion at townhalls do not speak for you!

Find contact information for elected officials at http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

The angry people at the townhalls keep saying they want their country back. Well, I want the country I voted for in November. In the words of Howard Beale (Peter Finch) in the 1976 film Network: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

1 comment:

  1. Well said!. I thought about that movie when we marched in Phoenix today.People are angry and feel betrayed by the system they trusted. What is sad is that they just can't see that their betrayers are their own party.

    ReplyDelete